Welcome to the new Financial Year!
Can you believe it? We are now half-way through the calendar year and we just closed the doors on another Financial Year.
A new financial year is a new beginning, a chance to look at what you are doing well, what is working and what isn’t.
At this time of year I like to do a quick self evaluation to see how I am tracking on achieving the goals I set for myself and my business.
There is no better time to take stock of where we are at and implement small changes that can have a huge impact to your business and life over time.
If you are thinking things aren’t really working out as you’d hoped, now is the time to look at what is working and what’s not working and make the changes needed to get back on track.
One of my goals for this year was to take things slowly and mindfully.
I find decluttering and making a clean work space really helps me to focus. I have made a pile of things that can be removed from my office. Out they go. I’m also considering moving desks and doubling up my screens. I have one screen not being used at all so I’m dreaming up a new way to work. I have a big office with 5 desks so I’ve got plenty of space to play with.
I have switched nearly every client to Xero, even my dedicated desktop client who was scared of the cloud. Automation and efficiency is the theme for this financial year.
What space are you making in your business for the New Year?
The other thing I am really focusing on this year is gratitude. Gratitude must be a habit. Each day needs to begin and end with gratefulness. Not just doing something to get it done; but being really mindful and present when doing something (in this case the evaluation).
Doing evaluation just for the sake of evaluating, because it would be nice to know, is not the answer. You need to take ACTION and make those small changes that will create a big impact in your life and business.
For me I do this by achieving these 5 things every day –
- Self Care – every day I exercise, I meditate and I get adequate rest.
- Show Appreciation – every morning/evening I list all the things I am grateful for.
- Connect to those that I love – I make time and create space for all of my relationships.
- Pursue my passions – I spend time every day doing what I love – I ride my bike, I read, I do yoga and I catch up with friends and drink great coffee! (Cindy, can you please personalise this to reflect you)
- Becoming clear about what I want – I constantly strive to be my best self by dreaming big. I dare to push the limits and reach for my best life.
This new financial year FOCUS on implementing small changes into your life and business as suggested above and challenge yourself to reach for new goals and new daily habits that will have a huge impact not only in your life but your business also.
Yours in wealth and abundance,